Who we are:
- We are a high energy software startup that specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts.
- We are building a team that will help our users learn about climate change, create and execute reduction strategies, set meaningful goals, drive impact and achieve success, and ultimately share their progress with internal and external stakeholders.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world.
The Job Description:
The Product team at 4Sided is responsible for planning and implementing customer-facing features, back-end systems, as well as managing technical implementation for security and site stability. The Product team is responsible for utilizing customer research, site behavior metrics, and knowledge of the competitive landscape to help prioritize, optimize, and create requirements for product (user-facing and platform) features, as well as managing the technical implementation of those features. We are looking for a diligent, analytical, and detail-oriented Senior Product Manager to help tackle a variety of projects and features. This role works with developers in a hands-on capacity, and focuses largely on back-end systems, including catalog design, content creation and management, and could include our data stack (data lake, data infrastructure, customer data platform, etc.).
- 4Sided is looking for a highly technical product manager who enjoys solving complex business problems that have massive global impact. You will own the key algorithms that dictate what content is surfaced on every page in the E2E user journey.
- We build and operate platform solutions for exporting and organizing Catalog data for our content team, growth team, BI, data science, and several other vital business functions.
Our Catalog is the core of our business. There is an opportunity to drive incredible impact across the entire organization. Some technical challenges include a combination of complex backend engineering, data interface development, and data lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will draw upon critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of driving and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is necessary.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager your core responsibilities will be to:
- Interface with internal product/design owners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Set SLIs, SLOs, SLAs, KPIs and own all operational metrics and support process for your system.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a commitment to quality and precision.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies. Interact directly with executive sponsors to define problems and deliver large-scale cross-functional projects spanning many teams.
- End-to-end product ownership: ideation, creating and documenting the product vision, defining user stories, researching appropriate technical solutions with the engineering team, coordinating delivery of high-quality solutions, driving adoption, and iterating.
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights.
- Communicate the benefits and champion the system throughout the organization.
- Work closely with development teams to provide guidance on architecture, design, and priorities.
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- 4+ years of product management experience with completion of full product lifecycle (from concept through GTM)
- Strong technical background, including exposure to cloud platforms and comfort with SQL
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile product development environment
- Demonstrated experience building productionized, highly scalable data-oriented products before (e.g. catalog, search and recommendations, CMS)
- Highly analytical; ability to take unstructured information and structure it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience helping to drive architecture, design, and building of complex software systems
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Excited to work in an environment that values collaboration
Bonus - experience we’d love to see:
- MBA or equivalent master's degree
- Recent experience in the design and implementation of highly scalable and available, enterprise software or cloud (SaaS, PaaS, and/or IaaS) services and solutions
- Startup experience. You’ve designed and created scalable systems from the ground up
- Hands-on experience building and delivering services built on public cloud technology from providers like Azure, AWS and GCP
- Familiarity with Map Reduce, Spark, Elastic Search, or other similar Big Data technologies
- Excellent understanding of Enterprise Data Warehousing and Analytics methodologies and technologies
- Has supported a growing content team with internal tooling products like a CMS (content management system)
- You believe in open source software and have been a key part of open sourcing projects
Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume, CV or LinkedIn profile and a brief cover letter (1 page at most!) that tells us more about you, and why you’re interested in this role.
4Sided is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age